Sunday, February 21, 2010

This week's progress (yes, I said progress!)

I managed a four day trip to Phoenix this week. Since this wasn't a "customer" trip with social obligations, it was easy to avoid unhealthy dinners. My first night there I grabbed a salad at an eatery in the hotel. They did not offer any low cal / healthy dressing recipes nor did they have any lemon so I ate a very plain salad with unseasoned chicken. Salt and pepper did very little to make it appetizing, but it filled my tummy so I ate it and headed to my room to eat an apple which was a great dessert considering the bland dinner I had just eaten. Each night after, I went out with co-workers, but I chose sensible meals and asked for variations (replace dressing with vinegar or lemon, steamed veggies instead of sauted, etc...).

I've been doing well and lost weight through the course of the week. But, this morning I was up 1.3lbs. At first sight of the number I was horrified - it doesn't take much to discourage me and I have to admit, I was pissed! My first instinct was to run downstairs and raid the "locked backpack", but I took a few minutes to think sensibly and am back on track mentally.

This week's total (including my slight gain) is...

Down 3.4lbs!!!!!
Running total = 16.4lbs

I also started taking my measurements two weeks ago. My running total since starting to track is -10.5".

Sparkpeople is still the most helpful tool. I joined an HCG Group and have been pleased with the motivation and suggestions found there. This week I am excited to buy Walden Farms Products. Walden Farms offers zero calorie, fat, carb products. I'm leary about how good these will taste, but am open to trying (stay tuned for my review).

My weight loss has made it evident that I need to lose more than originally thought AND firm up through weight training. Yes, my clothes fit better and I feel better, but when undressed, I look in the mirror and think, "Shouldn't I look better than this?". The last time I was in this weight range I was comfortably wearing a whole size smaller than I am now. Of course, the last time I was at this weight was before Carson was born and pregnancy (especially the second) certainly did a number on my body! Luckily I have no delusions of my body type and don't aspire to look great in a bikini. I'll settle for looking great (no muffin top) in a nice pair of jeans and not having to hold in the inevitable roll that occurs when sitting.

One more week down!

2 comments:

bradnlia said...

Wow, that's alot of weight to lose! I hate when you think your doing well, then you see yourself in a reflection, when you didn't expect to, or naked. And you think SHIT! but it shows (just no to you) Good job!

Courtnie said...

Great job Viv! What are you doing? I have been doing Weight Watchers for over a month now and have lost 13 so far. I know how you feel...I honestly dont feel like I have lost that much but I'll take it!