Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bye bye hcg...

I've had great success with the hcg, but my heart's just not in it. It's been 21 days and technically I should go another 5 at minimum to correctly complete phase 1, but I'm having a hard time. Physically, I'm not hungry, but mentally I'm struggling. I want to eat things like yogurt and peanut butter! I'm going to try to keep to the next phase of the protocol, but I'm going to make my own little modifications by taking more of a low carb approach (similar to Southbeach, but still keeping an eye on my caloric intake) - let's hope it doesn't backfire.

By the way, in my last post I was on the search for Walden Farms products... yuck! The two types of jam that I have taste unnatural. I bought the mayonnaise - if you can call it that - I would never put that stuff on a sandwich or anything that you normally put mayo on! However, it works OK if you mix it to make a sauce. For example, I used it to make a coleslaw dressing and my coleslaw is not too shabby. I did have to overcompensate for the poor mayo with vinegar... it works. If you're really watching calories / fat / carbs hardcore you could make it work, but I say don't bother.


This week's total: Down 3.8lbs
Running total: 20.2lbs

I'm pleased with my progress! This week I'm going to step up my workouts. My ultimate goal is to lose another 15 - 20 lbs by my birthday (3 months).

No comments: