Friday, February 5, 2010

Proud Mama!

AVERIE:
Yesterday Averie brought home her report card. In Kindergarten they don't grade A, B, C, D, F - they grade on a scale of 1 - 3 (1 = Does not meet expectations, 2 = Inconsistently meets and 3 = Consistently meets) for a series of subjects and characteristics. This is the second quarter in a row that she has brought home ALL 3's plus a note from her teacher commenting on her "excellent attitiute toward school". Additionally, she's in their Advanced Reading program and has scored 100% on all of her AR tests. Last week (entirely on her own) she wrote a story to narrate pictures in one of her princess coloring books. She's so excited about practicing reading. Just tonight we had the Disney channel on in the background but none of us were watching. Justin told her was going to turn it off and she said, (and I quote) "That's fine, because I need to practice my reading for when I'm bigger.... Mmmmm Hmmmm." (That last part was drug out and accompanied by a very sassy head shake.)

CARSON:
A few weeks ago Carson moved up to a new Toddler class. In this class they do not wear diapers or pull-ups (except for nap time). He is excited to wear underwear and loves the fun characters on them (Sesame Street and Cars). He has been doing super well! I must admit, I really didn't think he was ready. Perhaps that was bit of denial on my part because he's my baby and I don't want him to grow up too fast (even if it does mean yucky diapers). But, sure enough, he's been potty training very well.

Carson also said his name for the first time (Yes, he's two and we've never heard him say it.)! He loves to point at pictures of his brother (Camen) and sister (Avi), but until now, when he'd point at pictures of himself he'd say "baby". Even when I'd point to him and say "Carson", he would repeat "baby". We called Rosie and Bugga last week and he told them that it was "Cah-sun". Justin and I were so excited!

No comments: