Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Snuggie

A couple of friends at work and I like to tease about silly inventions "as seen on TV". The Snuggie is definitely one of them. So for my birthday a few months ago, one of my co-workers (who has since moved out of state) gave me a Snuggie. It has stayed in the original box until last week. We decided to make our own poster (through www.Shutterfly.com of course). We took random pictures around the office to show how "convenient" the Snuggie really is. Needless to say we got quite a few chuckles during our photo shoot. We are going to print it and send it to our friend who has moved just as a reminder of the fun times we've had at work.

On to serious things... Carson had another asthma flare up this weekend. This is the second in less than a month. We have been consistent with his preventative medication and his allergy medication so it's especially concerning that he's still having trouble. I took work off yesterday and took him to the doctor for a check up. We'll up his medication this week and he has a follow up on Friday. Since we're heading into "sick" season these flare ups are not too uncommon. Fortunately, Carson doesn't seem to be terribly affected by this... he is as energetic as ever and doesn't let it stop him. While at the Pediatrician's office Carson got a flu shot. He didn't even flinch and I wonder if he even noticed that he got a shot. After his appointment he and I had a wonderful afternoon of one on one time. Later that evening he discovered the bright orange band-aid from his shot and spent a good thirty minutes playing with it. If I had known all it took to keep him occupied was a used, bright orange band-aid, I would have bought a case six months ago!

The countdown is on for Averie's sixth birthday party. It is this Saturday and the theme is "Princesses and Knights". Stay tuned for pictures.

1 comment:

lia said...

We(Linda and I) love your Snuggie poster! Too bad about Carson.