Wednesday, August 12, 2009

School Supplies


Averie starts Kindergarten in less than two weeks. I haven't seen her so excited about something in a long time. This past weekend was "tax free" weekend. Most supplies, clothes and back to school products were tax free. We took this opportunity to buy school supplies. I went online to get the supply list... holy crap! It's a long list! Don't get me wrong, I am happy to support the school system, but it was kind of a rude awakening. Oh well, in the over all scheme of things it wasn't too bad. I'm just glad we don't have 10 kids! The most exciting purchase? A Selena Gomez (i.e. Wizards of Waverly Place star) backpack. It's a little chintzy, I was hoping to buy a cute, nicely-made backpack, but she was so set on it that I gave in (on the plus side, it was cheap!).

Each night she and Justin have a bed-time routine, Justin reads or tells her a story. On occasion, I will tell her a story and she is not remotely shy about expressing her dissapointment that it's not Daddy. Anyway, the past few nights Justin has been focusing on her reading skills. She is doing so well! Her most recent two words are fox and box.

The countdown is on... I'm so proud of my little girl.

No comments: